Wednesday, March 28, 2007

No jokes huh? How about a rant?

Today's evening was one of the most enjoyable this week. Even though I studied for almost entire time. Even though an hour ago, with an intention of making supper, I realized the fridge was swept clean. Even though there was no electricity for an hour.

I was home alone.

I'm probably anti-social, but I just hate to be disturbed while at home. Sure, during social situations I'm far from sitting in a corner with my mouth shut, but when it comes to staying home, others might not exist for me. The feeling was only empowered with finding the new place after returning from the Netherlands.

I knew what I was signing in for, an apartment shared with four more people that was designed for about two. "Whatever" I thought "After having looked for a single room for a few days and not finding one (don't even get me started on that) I'll go with a place that's at least close to school." And it's true, I can leave my room 5 minutes before the classes start and still be on time. However, living with 4 other (rather 5, but about that later) has some major disadvantages.

And the constantly occupied bathroom is the least significant of them.

Basically, I'm not content with 2 things. First, the people are a bunch of slackers! There are 3 girls and 1 guy, and I haven't seen any of them study at all, period. One of the girls is always out with friends, and considering the fact that her books are almost covered with spider webs, I doubt she meets with them in a library. Next one I've briefly seen, like, about 4 times in my life, so I don't know anything about her. The last one claims she studies (at least when she speaks on the phone with her angry about her not passing yet another exam mother) but still has to show me some proof of that. What she does though, is having her boyfriend at the place all the time! The guy eats here, sleeps here, and uses up the electricity and water WE pay for. He's the 6th person 'living' in the house, and it's getting kind of ridiculous.

If those aren't that bad, how about my roommate? The guy is a first year student at some private school and his days look something like this:
7.00 - the alarm clock sets off, he turns it off, roll over to the other side, claiming he didn't have to go to the 8.00 classes anyway
8.00 - still sleeping
(now my description may be a bit off, as I leave for school at about 8.00)
10.00 (as based on the few days I actually was home at that time) - slowly gets up, goes to the bathroom, eats something, sets out to school... sets out in the general direction of school, hardly ever reaching it.
15.00 - gets back from wherever he was. Here where two possible scenarios may occur:
- he either brings his girlfriend along and they're all lovey-dovey, forcing me to go outside due to getting sick from all this sweet-talk
- he goes to sleep
20.00 - both of the scenarios end, eats supper
21.00 - plays fighting games on my PSP, mashing the buttons like there's no tomorrow (only this week I 'accidentally' forgot to bring his favorite game sooo...)
(alternative) 21.00 - goes to sleep

That's all. Really, there's nothing else. My question "Where do you keep your books?" was answered simply by "Ain't got any.". Lucky him:/ I'm probably jealous of all the free time they have. In KJO we work really hard for our grades. Those guys do nothing. They'll probably be earning more after they will have finished their studies (however long it may take). Talk about fair world.

The second thing that I have trouble coping with is the overwhelming amount of love problems those guys have. I've just learned to hum the main theme of "The bold and the beautiful" whenever I open the door, as I know something is bound to hit me after entering. Either it's a lovers' argument, a bigger lovers' argument or... well, lovers' argument? Come on, you can't fight all the time! "What do you care?" some may ask "just don't listen to it". My rebuttal is: I'd really like to. Unfortunately, the place is VERY small, and they are VERY loud. "We can't be together because he says it would be a misalliance, as I have two new tractors;( " (authentic quote, even I wouldn't be able to come up with something like that). Never did I appreciate headphones as I do now. Just put them on and imagine this insanity asylum doesn't exist.

Having read the above, I dare you, condemn my desire to sit alone and study in peace. Just a few months and I'm busting out of this joint. And then I'll find a SINGLE ROOM in a place with THICK WALLS. Is it that much to ask for?

3 comments:

Aylinn said...

Well...I'm really sorry for you...you know I am. But I guess we all have stories to tell about our present or ex-roommates that are just as touching as yours. Anyways I wish you luck and the patience of a saint;)Be strong! The power is with you;)

Molson said...

So, you've got something against your present roommates, you say?;)

Ania said...

God damn it! and You're still living with them??...I couldn't stand it:/...I admire You! REALLY! from now on You are my idol:D