Monday, March 26, 2007

The metamorphosis?

Today, 4 different people gave me their words of advice (with no malice of course) which can be summarized in one imperative sentence.

"Don't be a smart-mouth!"

OK, not once did I get such advice, but never so many in so short a time. Maybe I'm overdoing it? One way to find out. As of today, I vow to submit to the rules given below to the best of my abilities, and persevere in doing it for an entire week. With a box of cornflakes as my witness.

So, during this week, I won't:

- drop one-liners whenever possible, be it social events or the time the teacher tries to elicit some info from us
- tell jokes
- write about killing pets
- claim women are old after hitting 21 (or whatever age the girl in question is -1)
- laugh at people who, at the age of 22, are still asked to present ID when buying beer
- say I hate people who speak German in my presence
- submit to the temptation of using emoticons
- draw dots in my friends' notes
- talk about Godzilla instead of studying
- draw giant robots or angry jelly monsters during class
- argue with my friend who would win if we had anime-like powers
- pull girls' hair
- throw pencils at people
- play with rubber pigs taken out from somebody's bag
- say things that even remotely have two or more meanings
- use my pen as a lightsaber and try to cut my friends' heads off
- try to burn Anita with my Kamehameha energy projectile attack (never works, damn it!)
- say abstract things like "While the cucumber's away, the H3A(aq) + H2O(l) H3O+(aq) + H2A(aq) will play"
- write weird posts (like the last one) on my blog

OK, that's the bulk of it. So, for this week, don't expect to see any funny stuff here, instead I give you a very interesting piece about butter (from Wikipedia):

Butter is made by churning fresh or fermented cream or milk. Butter is used as a spread and a condiment, as well as in cooking applications such as baking, sauce making, and frying. As a result, butter is consumed daily in many parts of the world. Butter consists of butterfat surrounding minuscule droplets consisting mostly of water and milk proteins. The most common form of butter is made from cows' milk, but it can also be made from the milk of other mammals, including sheep, goats, buffalo, and yaks. Salt, flavorings, or preservatives are sometimes added to butter. Rendering butter produces clarified butter or ghee, which is almost entirely butterfat.


Better? I hope so. Remember, don't hesitate to slap me in the face if you see me doing one of the things above (I mean above the butter part). You'll really help me in my study of self.

2 comments:

AgataL said...

A WHOLE week? Are you going to survive this? And your friends? I don't know... I'll keep my fingers crossed, not so much for the success of your resolution, but for the week to pass quickly. It may be tough. ;)
(I have nothing against emoticons, mind you.)
Pity people have not started making comments yet, but I hope this will come.

Aylinn said...

Dear Tomek:)
I must say that I'm flattered by the fact that my very own name appeared in your post:)
However, my heart is torn asunder because if you really manage to bring off the aforementioned threats (there isn't of course a slightest trace of doubt about it;)I will have to end our friendship. What good is a friend if he (or she for that matter) doesn't draw anything on your notes, doesn't try to kill you with lame kamehameha spells or laugh at you when (at the age of 21 not 22) you are asked to show your ID while attempting to buy a beer...
So, I'll do my best to turn your life into a Diablo-style Hell until you give up! And I will derive enormous pleasure from it as well;)
BTW you just have to see what appears when you misspell your blog address and write blogpot instead of blogspot;)Take care:)